Wednesday 27 November 2013

Serving God!


When you know God genuinely you will naturally desire to serve Him. Your service to God becomes more acceptable as you grow in the knowledge of God. God also enlarges your capacity as you make yourself available for his service. There’s nobody who is not serving something. It is either you are serving your flesh/self, serving the devil or serving God.

Are you born-again? What exactly are you doing in God’s kingdom? How are you serving God? If you have been serving God, how consistent have you been? It pays to serve God continually. In the book of Daniel 6:16-23, Daniel was thrown into a lions’ den for his commitment to God but the king recognized his service to a living God and he told him that the God whom he served continually will deliver him and God did exactly. He sent his angels to shut the mouth of the lions. Serving God will deliver you from the den of affliction and the harassment of the devil.

In Acts 27, Paul and other prisoners in a voyage were involved in a ship wreck but it took God to send an angel to deliver them just because of one man that belonged to Him and was serving Him. Paul said “For there stood by me this night the angel of God, whose I am and whom I serve”- verse 23. Are you serving God? Your commitment to God is being noted in heaven and you can draw from that account when needed even if it takes God sending an angel to heal you, get you a job, and deliver you from accident. I remember March, 2010 how God delivered me from an accident that could have claimed my two legs or even my life. I escaped by whiskers and the only explanation I can give was that it was angelic intervention. I turned back unconsciously and in a twinkling of an eye an accident occurred on the spot where I was before. How would I have been able to go to the mission field without the two legs? How will I be able to do other things for God?

I encourage you to take a stock of your commitment to God and strive to do better. Do better at work, in your local Church or anywhere you find yourself. In summary below are some benefits of serving God continually;

1.     It take sickness away from you Exodus 23:25
2.     It brings about promotion Psalm 75:6-7
3.     Serving God will deliver you in the day of trouble Exodus 15:26
4.     Serving God makes you to prosper Job 36:11, Proverbs 22:29
5.     Angels work for you when you serve God Heb 1:14, Daniel 6:22
It pays to serve God. Stop running away from spiritual responsibility. Ability to take responsibility is a sign that you are growing spiritually. Serve God and do it with all your heart, energy, intellect and resources. You are blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment