Wednesday 27 November 2013

HOW GOD CALLED ME TO BE A MISSIONARY



I was at a meeting on April 7, 2001 where I made a decision to release myself for missionary work after listening to an anointed message titled “Salt of the earth”. I got a definite call to serve God as a missionary on February 13, 2007. It was the day I had my first job interview after the one year mandatory service to the country (NYSC). I was planning for the future when God spoke to my heart that he has called me to be a missionary.
I struggled with this inspiration for a while until I had a dream. I saw myself going for an occasion with some people. On approaching the venue I saw a lot of invitees gorgeously dressed so I was eager to get my clothes and look good as well and join the gathering. By the time I got my clothes they were not my size, I just couldn’t put them on to join the party. They were undersized. While ruminating on the dream, the Holy Spirit told me that if I follow my personal desires and plans I will not be fulfilled at the end of my life but if I yield to him he will lead me to a place of rest and fulfillment. From the day I had the dream; I concurred to the call of God upon my life and started praying for His grace and direction.
On August 15, 2007 during an all night meeting, Burundi was laid in my heart as the place to start the missionary work. I began to research about the country. I resigned from my teaching job and went for missions training from September 2008 till August 2009. In the year 2011, I was in Burundi for one month for missionary work and survey. God made it possible for me and my wife to relocate to Burundi on September 17, 2012 before our first year of marriage. God has indeed been faithful to us as the missionary work is progressing.

In Christ,
Kunle Adenipekun.

No comments:

Post a Comment